Why intern at Emma?
Why intern at Emma?
View all of Our Teams
We hire all-year round with openings in a variety of teams all around the world! Check out our Our Teams page to see which one can help you reach the top of your game.
Be able to swap to different teams
Learn About Life at Emma
We believe our Emmies can be adaptable, agile, and flexible in the skill sets they can bring to the table. We offer a Team Swap initiative in your first 3 months to let you explore more of your potential and awaken your best!
Get the chance to become a Full-Time Emmie!
If we see the right fit with our Emma DNA, that you were able to take ownership and drive impact during your internship, and if your career goals match what we need and can offer at Emma, there is a good possibility for becoming a full-time employee at Emma once your internship ends.
From Project and Campaign Management Intern to Team Lead Business Development, Frankfurt
“I started working at Emma in 2020 by pure chance – while browsing for mandatory internship, I was struck by the amazing growth which Emma was achieving, despite the COVID situation and many other companies laying off their employees.
I knew I wanted to work in a fresh and fast company, where striving for success was the key, and where I could match my interest in economics and numbers with a strong market and customers proximity. Emma meets my expectations. Inspiring individuals, strong development, steep learning curve, personal growth opportunity, flat hierarchy.
At Emma, everyone makes decisions, every day. Everyone goes to work with the responsibility almost as big as if you had your own company. It is that empowerment that makes Emma unique. I am very proud of the growth and success I achieved, entering as intern, moving to full time and achieving the team lead responsibilities: none of this would have happened without a meritocratic culture that rewards A-players and supports them in their growth, day by day.”
What ourcurrent interns say
current interns say
Intern CRM Marketing, Lisbon
“Working as an intern at Emma is a truly unique experience. Instead of typical intern tasks, I tackle exciting projects that allow me to showcase my abilities, take ownership, and grow professionally. I also immersed in a diverse and international atmosphere, surrounded by open-minded and outgoing colleagues.
And to make work even more enjoyable, Emma provides a range of entertaining events like the monthly intern gatherings and Thirsty Thursdays with the entire Lisbon office. Additionally, being based in Lisbon means that I am blessed with plenty of sun hours and for surfers, the nearby beaches offer some of the best waves, just waiting to be caught.”
Working Student Recruiting, Manila
“As an Emmie would say, working at Emma means taking prize for ownership and accountability even as an intern. My being ambitious found a perfect space as I drive creative ideas into actual business results through collaborative and global projects.
It is this same space that allowed me to challenge ideas from the corners of virtual screens and office rooms to refined team strategies and transformed culture. At Emma, the level of my role never limited the impact I can bring at work but has even expanded the professional landscape I can find growth in.”
- Who are eligible for internships?We don’t hire for experience; we hire for potential. Any undergraduate or post-graduate students are eligible to apply to our internships. Check out our “Our DNA” page to see if you’ve got what it takes to be an Emma DNA fit!
- How long does an internship program last?We love it when our interns can stay for 6 to 9 months. The minimum duration of an internship at Emma is 4 months.
- Does Emma offer remote internships? What are the work arrangements like?Emma does not offer remote internships at the moment. The key reasons for Emma being an office-first environment are: The success of our business is based entirely on teamwork: the people, the culture and our approach to working together in an agile and smart way. The best way to foster this success factor is by maximising the time we spend together in the office. The best way for new Emmies to learn, adapt and grow is through the example set by older Emmies and the many brief or informal interactions that take place in an office setting. Creativity and entrepreneurship are often best in informal, face-to-face interactions - whether it's the moment you leave a meeting room and talk to a colleague about that one idea you had, or simply dropping by someone’s desk to pitch an idea
- Is it possible to be absorbed as a full-time employee after my internship?If we see the right fit with our Emma DNA, that you were able to take ownership and drive impact during your internship, and if your career goals match what we need and can offer at Emma, there is a good possibility for becoming a full-time employee at Emma once your internship ends.
- How is the hiring process like for interns?You can refer to our “How We Hire” page to see how we process your application.
- Is it possible to take my required academic internship at Emma?Yes! We have several partner schools to help you credit your internship for your curriculum.