This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) is issued to inform you how EMMA SLEEP GMBH, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively “we” or “Emma”) processes your personal data and sensitive personal data (hereinafter, collectively referred to as “Personal Data”) collected through the Emma recruitment process including, but not limited to, those submitted or gathered through the use of Emma’s job portal (the “Job Portal”).
It’s Emma’s policy to respect and value its applicants’ privacy rights by ensuring compliance with the requirements of applicable privacy laws. The protection of your Personal Data is important to Emma and we want you to feel safe during the recruitment lifecycle. Please read the Privacy Notice carefully.
- Information concerning the collection of Personal Data
- The Privacy Notice applies to our collection, processing and utilization of your Personal Data at the beginning of your application process with Emma and throughout the duration thereof. “Personal data” means all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person whether recorded in a material form or not, which, by itself or when put together with other information, would reasonably and directly reveal the identity of a natural person. “Sensitive personal data” are any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, including the processing of genetic data and biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, as well as data concerning health, sex life, sexual orientation, or other categories deemed sensitive under applicable local laws.
- The Job Portal is operated by the below personal information controller (the “Controller”) in order to support the recruitment functions of Emma:
- You can reach our data protection officer through the following contact details:
- Categories of Personal Data processed
- Emma may process the following categories of Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you at the beginning and during the course of your job application (the “Categories of Personal Data”). Note that the list of examples for every Category of Personal Data are not exclusive:
- Identity data
Emma Sleep GmbH
60329 Frankfurt on the Main
- Full name (First, Middle, Last)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Tax identification number
- Social security number
- Marriage certificate
- Health insurance
- Government-issued ID/number
- Application form
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Work experience
- Language(s) spoken
- Education-related (e.g., transcript of records, diploma, true copy of grades)
- Job clearance
- Emma may process the Categories of Personal Data for the purposes enumerated below:
- The identity data may be processed for purposes of identifying you in relation to your job application with Emma.
- The contact details data may be processed for the communication and coordination of your job application including but not limited to setting up interviews and informing you of the status of your application.
- The government-issued data may be processed in order to ascertain your identity in relation to your job application with Emma, to comply with any applicable laws and regulations and/or in connection with any legal claims.
- The job application data and may be processed to assess and review your job application vis-à-vis the requirements and qualifications for the role you applied for, shortlisting, selection, arranging interviews, to determine whether your are the right fit for Emma.
- This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient Cookies
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These are mostly session cookies, which save a so-called “session-ID”, which allows for the assigning of different queries within your browser during a particular session. This can be used to identify your device when one repeatedly visits a website during a session. These cookies are deleted once you log out or the browser window is closed.
- Persistent Cookies
- Persistent cookies enable the website to remember your information and settings on your next visit. This gives you faster and more convenient access to the website, as you do not have to change your language settings again, for example. How long the cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookie and your browser settings. These cookies are automatically deleted after a set period of time which can differ from cookie to cookie. Persistent cookies can be deleted via the security settings in your browser at any time.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data, and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
The cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number of visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
The cookie is set by Segment.io and is used to analyze how you use the website
This cookie is set by Segment.io to check the number of new and returning visitors to the website.
This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
- Only authorized persons will have access to your Personal Data in accordance with established structure of permissions or defined security roles on a need-to-know basis. Access to your Personal Data will generally be limited to Emma. However, within the scope of Emma’s activities and services, it may become necessary for Emma to share, disclose, or transfer your Personal Data to third parties in other countries with a business need to access your Personal Data such as service providers, vendors, contractors, interns, and government institutions. When your Personal Data is shared, disclosed, or transferred, Emma will ensure that your Personal Data is transferred to countries that provide a level of protection that is at least on the same level to what is required by the applicable privacy law to you or that there are acceptable contractual guarantees in place to ensure that the recipients of your Personal Data are under duty of care to maintain the appropriate levels of security and confidentiality and only use your Personal Data as instructed by Emma.
- Recipients of your Personal Data generally fall into the following categories of recipients:
- Emma’s subsidiaries and affiliates
- Information technology (IT) service providers for IT infrastructure
- Cloud providers
- Recruitment and applicant screening solutions providers
- Job Portal and Job Portal management service providers
- Government institutions
- Emma fully recognizes the value of your Personal Data. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data by employing reasonable physical, technical, and operational safeguards and security control measures. We also train our employees to properly handle your Personal Data and are obligated to maintain a duty of confidentiality. Further, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data of individuals who are considered minors (e.g., below 18 years old) or those who cannot validly give consent.
- Emma may collect, store, process, disseminate or use your Personal Data in a manner that causes it to be transferred or accessed from computer systems owned or operated by or on behalf of Emma (or a vendor of Emma). Your Personal Data are stored in Emma’s cloud which is hosted in servers located in the European Union except when local requirements of the country you are applying to have data localization requirements or prohibit the transfer of personal data.
- Your Personal Data will be retained in accordance with local legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the country to which you are applying, if any, and subject to Emma's data retention obligations. If the retention period is not defined by local laws and regulations, Emma generally may keep your Personal Data up to six (6) months after close of the job opening to which you applied for.
- Absent any restrictions, please be informed that Emma may delete your profile on the Job Portal or some or all of the Personal Data that we have about you (including your CV/resume) at any time for any reason and without notice by following generally accepted industry standards. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the Personal Data which you provided to us.
- Your data subject rights vary depending on the laws of the country in which the Emma entity you are applying to is located. The required information is provided in the below the section on Jurisdictional Considerations.
- The legal basis for processing your Personal Data vary depending on the laws of the country in which the Emma entity you are applying to is located. The required information is provided in the below the section on Jurisdictional Considerations.
- Different jurisdictions have different privacy regimes. This section provides you with addendums (the “Country Addendums”) containing the additional information and requirements mandated by the laws applicable to the country in which the Emma entity you are applying to is located. The Privacy Notice and the Country Addendum form one document and are to be read together.
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Argentina, please click here to read the Argentina Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Australia, please click here to read the Australia Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Brazil, please click here to read the Brazil Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in California, please click here to read the California Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Canada, please click here to read the Canada Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Chile, please click here to read the Chile Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in the European Union, please click here to read the European Union Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in India, please click here to read the India Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Japan, please click here to read the Japan Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Mexico, please click here to read the Mexico Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in New Zealand, please click here to read the New Zealand Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in the Philippines, please click here to read the Philippines Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Singapore, please click here to read the Singapore Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in South Korea, please click here to read the South Korea Country Addendum;
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Switzerland, please click here to read the Switzerland Country Addendum; and
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in Switzerland, please click here to read the US Country Addendum.
- If you are applying for a job opening in an entity in a country not included in the above list of Country Addendums, the European Union Country Addendum applies by default.
- Emma reserves the right to modify or amend the Privacy Notice and Country Addendums from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to Emma or to reflect how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your Personal Data. If you do not agree to the changes, please contact our data protection officer to have your Personal Data removed from the Job Portal and our databases. You can tell when we last updated the Privacy Notice and Country Addendums by checking the document control information at the bottom.