We are pleased about your use of our website. The protection of your personal data is important to us and we want you to feel safe when using our website.
- Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) The following shall inform you about the collection, processing and utilization of personal data on our website. Personal data means all data relating to a living individual who can be identified.
(2) Controller as per the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Emma Sleep GmbH
60329 Frankfurt am Main
You can reach our data protection officer by contacting us on the following email address: [email protected]
or by sending us a letter addressed to “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions to present our services to you or to your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below.
- Your rights as a data subject
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access by the data subject (Art. 15 GDPR):
You have the right to request information on the data we hold about you from us at any time. This information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of data we process, the purposes for which it is processed, the source of the data if not collected directly from you, and, if applicable, the recipients with whom we have shared your data. You can obtain a copy of your data from us free of charge. If you require additional copies, we reserve the right to charge you for these copies;
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR):
You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate data relating to you. We will take appropriate steps to keep the data we store and process on an ongoing basis accurate, complete and current, based on the most up-to-date information available;
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR):
You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR):
You have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR):
You have the right to request that we transfer your data – if technically possible – to another responsible party. However, you may only enforce this right if data processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract. Rather than receiving a copy of your data, you may also ask us to submit the data directly to another responsible party specified by you.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR):
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation, as long as data processing is based on your consent, on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In this case, we will cease to process your data. This does not apply if we can show that there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, or if we need your data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to withdraw consent (Art. 7 (3) GDPR):
You have the right to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future.
(2) If you have the feeling we have not responded in an appropriate manner to your complaints or you have further concerns, you additionally have the right to complain to a data protection authority. The responsible authority to us is the “Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit“: http://www.datenschutz.hessen.de
(3) Inquiries regarding your rights as a data subject you can direct to us under: [email protected]
or by post to the controller’s postal address.
- Collection of personal data when visiting our website
If you use the website simply for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register yourself or send us any information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following technical data which we need to enable us to show you our website and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– date and time of the query
– time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– content of the query (specific site)
– access status/HTTP status code
– data volume transmitted in each case
– website from which the request emanates
– operating system and its user interface
– language and version of the browser software
The data mentioned above gets processed for the following purposes:
- To ensure a smooth connection of the website,
- Guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
This information is temporarily stored in so-called log files. This information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted.
(2) Kind of Cookies
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
- a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These are mostly session cookies, which save a so-called “session-ID”, which allows for the assigning of different queries within your browser during a particular session. This can be used to identify your device when one repeatedly visits a website during a session. These cookies are deleted once you log out or the browser window is closed.
- b) Persistent cookies enable the website to remember your information and settings on your next visit. This gives you faster and more convenient access to the website, as you do not have to change your language settings again, for example. How long the cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookie and your browser settings. These cookies are automatically deleted after a set period of time which can differ from cookie to cookie. Persistent cookies can be deleted via the security settings in your browser at any time.
- Contact form
(1) When you contact us (for example by e-mail or via the contact form), the information you provide will be processed for the purpose of processing your request and for the event that follow-up questions arise. The contact form is an additional service provided by us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily and is based on Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR.
(2) The personal data collected by us in this context will be deleted when the request associated with the contact has been completely clarified and it is also not to be expected that the specific contact will become relevant again in the future, unless legal storage obligations stand against this.
- Applying for a job
(1) If you apply to us via our website, we process the data that you provide to us during the application process. The legal basis for this is Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 BDSG and Art. 6 para. 1 GDPR for the initiation or implementation of contractual relationships. In the event of an employment relationship between you and us begins, we process the personal data already received from you for the purpose of employment in accordance with Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with § 26 BDSG.
(2) Data is deleted as soon as there are no legal obligations to retain it and no interests worthy of protection prevail, usually after six months. If you have given your expressed consent to extend storage of your application in an applicant tool, the duration of processing extends to this period. A given consent can be revoked with effect for the future at any time.
- Purchase orders
If you would like to order something from us, we process the personal data, which is necessary for the conclusion of the contract and to process your order. For this purpose, we can pass on your payment data to our house bank. If we deliver goods to you, we will pass on the data needed for delivery to the assigned shipping company. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR. Failure to provide this data may mean that the contract cannot be concluded.
(1) We send newsletters, e-mails and other electronic notifications containing promotional information. Our newsletters contain information about our products, offers, promotions and our company. With the following notes we inform you about the contents of our newsletter as well as the registration, dispatch and statistical evaluation procedure and your right of objection.
(2) For the subscription to our newsletter we use a logged Double-Opt-in procedure. This means that after subscription you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with foreign e-mail addresses. Newsletter subscriptions are logged in order to be able to prove the registration process in accordance with the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the registration and confirmation time as well as the IP address. Changes to your data stored by the service provider are also logged. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) To subscribe to the newsletter, it is sufficient to enter your e-mail address. The provision of further data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The newsletter dispatch and the measurement of performance are based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a, Art. 7 GDPR.
(4) You may withdraw your consent to receive our newsletter at any time and stop receiving the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- Social-Media, portals
(1) We are represented in the social networks and employer evaluation portals mentioned below. These presences are operated exclusively by the respective provider. They serve to communicate directly with customers, interested parties and users. If you contact us via our social media channels, we process the data that you provide us with as well as the data that is necessary to process your request (Art. 6 para. 1 letter b GDPR). Insofar as you have given your consent to the operators of the respective social media platforms (e.g. by means of a checkbox opt-in), the processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time with the operator of the respective platform with effect for the future.
(2) We operate the presences for the purpose of advertising and for market research. When you access our social media pages, your user data is automatically recorded, stored and, if necessary, user profiles are created from this data using pseudonyms. These can be used, for example, to display interest-related advertising within and outside the platforms. For this purpose, cookies are regularly used which enable the recognition of the Internet browser and in which your interests are stored. The processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR from the legitimate interest in direct communication with users and the optimization of the design of our online presence.
(3) Since our social media channels are operated by the providers of the respective social network, there may be a supplementary use of your personal data by the respective operator, over which we have no influence. This often involves the recording of your IP address, the creation of static evaluations and the processing of further information stored in the form of cookies. We have no influence on the generation and presentation of this data and can neither turn off this function nor prevent the processing of the data.
(4) The assertion of data subject rights and requests can most effectively be addressed directly to the platform providers, since only they have access to your data and can take immediate action and provide information.
(Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA): http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; weitere Informationen zur Datenerhebung: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications sowie http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo.
(New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany): https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung/allgemeine-hinweise
(New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany): https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung/allgemeine-hinweise
(Glassdoor Inc., 100 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley California, USA): https://hrtechprivacy.com/brands/glassdoor#privacypolicy, https://www.glassdoor.de/privacy/index.htm
- Social-Media Plug-Ins
(1) We have integrated Plug-ins on our web services. These plug-ins are indicated by the respective button belonging to the service. With the help of the plug-ins, users can share or post links to the corresponding websites in social networks such as Facebook or Twitter or recommend the contents there. Through your active interaction with these plugins, e.g. by clicking the respective button or leaving a comment, this information is transmitted directly to the respective service and stored there.
(2) When you visit one of our web services that contain an activated plugin, your browser establishes a connection with the servers of the respective service, which in turn transmits the content of the plugin to your browser, which then integrates it into the displayed page. Thus, the information about the visit of our web services is forwarded to the respective service. We do not collect personal data ourselves by means of the social plugins or about their use and have no influence on which data an activated plugin collects and how these are used by the provider. It must be assumed that at least the IP address and device-related information is collected and used. It is also possible that the service provider will attempt to store cookies on the computer used. If you are logged in to the respective service at the same time as visiting our web services via your personal user account (e.g. via another browser session), the service provider can assign the visit to our web services to your account.
(3) If you manually click on the plug-in, this action is treated as your voluntary, active consent (Art.6 para.1 letter a GDPR). You can revoke your consent at any time without giving reasons with effect for the future.
(4) The plug-ins used are limited to applications of the companies listed under "Social media, portals". We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider. We make every effort to comply with our duty to inform and to offer those affected maximum transparency of information. Should you require more detailed information about data processing by these companies, we recommend that you contact the controller of the respective service Should our cooperation be necessary, we will of course support you in enforcing your rights as a data subject.
- Facebook Seiten-Insights – “Facebook Fanpages”
(1) Upon a visit of our Facebook page collects Facebook among others your IP address as well as other information, which is saved on your device in form of cookies. This information will be used to provide us as the operator of the Facebook page with statistical information on Facebook usage. We can access these statistics through so-called Facebook “insights”. These statistics are collected and provided solely by Facebook. We as the operator of the page have no influence over their generation and presentation. We cannot either stop or prevent their generation and data processing. You can find further information about “Insights” provided by Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/help/pages/insights.
(2) Following information will be provided to us by Facebook through “Insights”: Number of page views, “likes”, page activities, reach, impressions, video views, post clicks and reactions, post reach, comments, shared content, answers, gender ratio, regional distribution of the users (origin based on country and city), language, opens and clicks in the shop, clicks on the address and on the telephone number.
(3) The operation of this Facebook page and processing of personal data of the users arising out of it is based on Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR and our legitimate interest to inform and interact with users and visitors of our Facebook page.
(4) We as the operator of this fan page are responsible for data processing together with Facebook. For this reason, we have agreed with Facebook under the framework of so-called “Page Insights” addon, which party bears which obligations under the GDPR. The main responsibility for processing of the insight data under the GDPR stays with Facebook. Facebook is bound to duly fulfill all obligations under the GDPR connected to processing of insight data (among others Art. 12 and 13, 15 to 22 and 32 to 34 GDPR). You can claim your data subject rights under the GDPR either with us or with Facebook Ireland Limited (“Facebook Ireland”). Should you as a data subject under the GDPR contact us with regard to processing of the insight data and obligations of Facebook Ireland connected to “Page Insights” addon, we are obliged to forward all relevant information in this regard to Facebook Ireland.
(5) You can find comprehensive information about page insights addon and the obligations of the data controller here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; for more information about Facebook’s data collection and processing: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
(1) Our website uses Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on our website and provides you with comfortable use of a map function.
(2) By visiting our website, Google will be notified about what page you opened on our website. In addition, the data stated in Section 1.1 will be transmitted. This will be done irrespective of whether you are logged in to a user account provided by Google or not. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish assignments to be made to your account, you must log out before activating the button. Google will save your data as a user profile and use your data for market advertisement, market research and/or need-based website design purposes. Such assessments are specifically used (even for users not logged in) to offer need-based advertisements and to inform other users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles which you may exercise by contacting Google.
(4) The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR. Processing is performed to analyze and optimize our website.