Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What We Need:
- Assist with closing the books and sub-ledgers, including passing appropriate required adjustment entries and consolidating financials at the end of each accounting period
- Identify and analyze process gaps and resolve appropriately
- Escalate problems or issues related to transactions, processes, reports, or procedures
- Formulates financial accounting policies, systems and procedures for the group
- Reviews monthly and ad hoc reports, including but not limited to profit and loss statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, revenue analysis, cost and expense analysis, aging of receivables and others.
- Support year-end closing process of local and global entities by preparing financial statements and liaising with external auditor
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Provide input into department's goal setting process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What You'll Bring Us:
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy graduate with previous internship or full-time experience in accounting/auditing for at least 1 year is preferred
- Knowledgeable in accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Certified Public Accountant, conversant in IFRS is an edge
- Experience in a global delivery service organization is a plus
- Excellent in both written and verbal communication as you will be interacting with cross functional teams. The clarity of your communications will greatly contribute to the performance and effectiveness of the whole team.
- Approachable, inspires trust, and always proactive, while being able to remain calm under stress and uncertainty
- Strong analytical and critical skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to details
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!