Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- As part of the global Strategic procurement team, you will help be part of our global supply chain team, being exposed to a worldwide supplier setup and having a direct impact on the growth of Emma.
- You will lead Cost reduction projects and handle price negotiations with some of our Business Partners that are worth millions.
- You are responsible for implementing cost-saving actions in your supply chain by having a strong business sense and an entrepreneurial mindset to spot opportunities.
- You will develop a deep knowledge of our suppliers, the main cost drivers per category, but also important sourcing markets & trends to make sure that Emma always sources at the best price level possible.
- You will lead Supply chain risk assessment across the category/ product in doing so you minimize the impact of unforeseeable events on the supply chain. And develop and communicate Risk management techniques across Emma.
- You analyze new sourcing regions and continuously identify and develop new strategic suppliers.
- You will be responsible for the strategic development of vendors through close collaboration and identify and leverage valve-adding opportunities for Emma.
- You will be an active collaborator in the product life cycle decision-making and team up with internal Stakeholders in product launches and phase-in and out products and suppliers.
- You will always challenge the status quo and look for further cost and efficiency improvements across all Product Groups to establish industry-leading COGS benchmarks. Besides the suppliers, you will interact with internal Teams like Markets, Product Development, etc.
What we're looking for:
- You are a strong, out-of-the-box thinker with great business judgment who creates outstanding solutions for complex problems.
- You have a master’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, or a related subject area.
- You have gained practical experience (2+ years) that allows you to have a great Business understanding of dealing with external Business Partners in the best interest of the company.
- You can juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are both analytically and conceptually strong and have strong organizational talent.
- You love negotiating and are intrinsically motivated to strive for the best price.
- You have an independent, responsible, and structured way of working and thinking in a process-oriented way.
- As an excellent communicator, you easily manage various stakeholders.
- You are a team player and have excellent English skills (further foreign language skills are an advantage e.g., Chinese)
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to “roll up your sleeves.” Someone who can keep a holistic overview can structure complex problems and link cross-teams business implications.
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!