Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- You will be our focal point for Data Privacy Projects for the global teams as a part of the Legal & Compliance Team.
- You will be a Company's first point of contact for internal and external Data Protection and Data Privacy topics.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of protective measures and for data privacy activities according to GDPR and worldwide legislations.
- You will be involved in a wider range of projects, regarding data privacy and contracts matters.
- You will be in change of reviewing data processing agreements and managing risk involving data privacy activities together with other teams.
- You will be able to propose internal trainings on data privacy.
- You will be able to contribute with new ideas to improve internal processes, workflows and implementation of new systems for the Company.
- You will develop legal drafting skills (contracts, letters and documents) and perform compliance and privacy-related tasks.
- You will lead the Data Privacy team and be responsible for the development of your team members.
Who we are looking for:
- You have graduated with a degree in Business Law or Juris Doctor specializing in Data Privacy.
- You have in-depth knowledge on data protection international legislations – special focus on GDPR.
- You have an affinity for compliance issues and IT in order to understand the relationship between data protection and security.
- You are experienced in working with contracts and handling bureaucratic activities such as contract management.
- You have excellent organizational skills and understanding of business and corporate relationships.
- You work in a very detail-oriented and structured way.
- You possess a strong process-oriented approach to execute tasks.
- You are motivated to constantly develop personally as well as professionally.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You can work with different reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, MS Excel or other analytics platforms.
- You are experienced in leading teams and enjoy developing people's potential.
What we offer:
- Assume responsibility and decision-making authority from your first day.
- Work on exciting and challenging projects and to create an impact with new, innovative ideas.
- Grow personally and professionally from working both independently and as part of an international team.
- Work with and learn from experts and mentors in diverse fields.
- Create strong and meaningful connections with your team members at exciting company events.
- Be part of a team with a non-hierarchical and non-political mindset; one team, one dream!
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!