The best advice that I have been
given at Emma is to really go for it;
don't wait for any type of confirmation.
Even if it goes wrong, you are still
learning from it, and you can recover
quickly and make it into a success story.
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- As a Team Leader - Sleep Tech Category you own the business case of your product, develop its vision, and translate it from strategy to feature implementation.
- You lead the team, be responsible for the tech product expertise, closely collaborating with various stakeholders and functions within the company.
- Balance tradeoffs between speed, feasibility, and value between Research & Development, Product Success, Operations, and Country Sales teams.
- Own and develop artifacts of product discovery (e.g. value proposition canvas, product vision board, user story maps, …) and transform them into valuable input for the user stories jointly worked upon in the product’s backlog.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of Emma Sleep Tech products, and continuously improve the customer experience through the adoption of technology best practices and service enhancements.
- Define the product specifications (incl. target costing) and co-innovate together with partners from all around the world the products for the future of sleep.
- Manage the technical interfaces towards our internal and external development partners.
- Continuously improving your product through insights derived from meaningful data acquired.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record in launching tech products in an agile manner, ideally in the E-Commerce industry
- Deep understanding and experience in product discovery methodology, instruments, and practices and closely coupled delivery in a ‘dual track agile’ model
- Good understanding of Design Thinking methodology
- Strong expertise in utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to validate hypotheses and drive decisions
- Ability to write technical requirements (i.e. Epics and User Stories), develop business models, and define operational requirements and processes
- Outstanding communication skills and a natural ability to convert complex processes into universally understandable ideas
- Ability to work in situations with high level of uncertainty; you adapt to our highly agile, sometimes volatile, environment and embrace change
- Analytical mindset, strong thought leadership, excellent people and stakeholder management skills
- Professional Business English is a must; German is a strong plus
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.