We are building a brand from the
ground up, which never existed in our
markets, and really make sure that people
believe in our products, believe in our quality,
and believe in the promise of Emma.
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- You will lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists.
- You will take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for our users.
- You will contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Emma products.
- You will design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms.
- You will define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards.
- You will proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship.
What you'll bring to us
- You have experience in building and shipping applications or E-Commerce Products at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- You possess Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- You possess Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- You have experience leading product direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- You have experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- You are able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- You have experience connecting your work with other cross-product initiatives within the company to drive collaboration.
- You have examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment.
- Experience in UX design conventions for Asia-Pacific markets is a plus.
What we offer
- Assume responsibility and decision-making authority from your first day.
- Work on exciting and challenging projects and to create an impact with new, innovative ideas.
- Grow personally and professionally from working both independently and as part of an international team.
- Work with and learn from experts and mentors in diverse fields.
- Create strong and meaningful connections with your team members at exciting company events.
- Be part of a team with a non-hierarchical and non-political mindset; one team, one dream!
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.