What makes the team special is that
we're sitting at a position where we have
access to a lot of data and information.
And what we can do is we can actually,
with our projects, transform how the
whole company works.
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- Depending on your Experience, your interest, and our current demand you will either work in the D2C or B2B segment of our Receivables Team.
- D2C – Private Customers: From Order to Cash you will make sure the incoming transactions are correctly accounted for and reconciled. For this you will get to know our Order Management System and the connection to our ERP System (MS Dynamics / Business Central).
- B2B – Business Customers: You will support in automizing the Dunning process of Retailers. This starts with creating and analyzing aging reports, preparing Payment reminders, and following them up.
- By doing this, you will gain valuable knowledge in the existing national and European VAT regulations and support in the regular filing of VAT declarations.
- Independent Account reconciliations and Customer Structure reportings will be part of your Weekly routine.
- The documentation of past transactions, correct disclosure of Receivables and Cash Flows are the Basis of your participation in the Monthly Closing (IFRS & HGB).
- You will be a key touchpoint for other Emmies and our Account Managers from the Payment Service providers when it comes to creating new payment methods, adapting existing business and analyzing reports (D2C) or when it comes to onboarding new Retail Business, adapting existing business and analyzing data (B2B)
- You will constantly improve the existing processes in regards to D2C and B2B Accounting especially when it comes to automation of the ERP transactions, innovative Business models and payment options.
Who we're looking for
- You have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy graduate or equivalent
- You ideally have experience in Accounting, namely Accounts Receivables
- You show knowledge in Accounting Software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience in a global (e-commerce) business and/or retail accounting is a plus
- You are excellent in both written and verbal (English) communication as you will be interacting with cross- functional teams. The clarity of your communications will greatly contribute to the performance and effectiveness of the whole team. German skills are a plus.
- You have strong analytical, critical, and problem-solving skills
- You are highly keen to details, trustworthy, and always proactive
- You have the ability to remain calm even under stress
What we offer
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.