Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you will do:
- Maintain general ledgers, recording the status of various accounts and make sure that all the accounts are balanced in LATAM & US.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, amortization and depreciation of fixed assets, and record adjustments in the accounting system.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system, maintains and updates lapsing schedule, and records entries in the accounting system.
- Coordinate with country teams in the opening of new markets by being part of every development beginning from the incorporation of the entity, negotiating and finalizing the engagement with the global accounting partner up to managing the month-end closing and reporting process of local and global entities.
- Support year-end closing process of local and global entities by preparing financial statements, generation of accounting and audit reports such as trial balance, related schedules, and other financial reports and liaising with external auditor.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Provide input into department's goal setting process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Accountancy/Finance
- Knowledgeable in accounting software preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Excellent in both written and verbal communication as you will be interacting with cross functional teams. The clarity of your communications will greatly contribute to the performance and effectiveness of the whole team.
- Approachable, inspires trust, and always proactive, while being able to remain calm under stress and uncertainty
- Strong analytical and critical skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to details
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
- Pet-friendly office
- Office located in Roma Norte
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!