Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do :
- You are our specialist for all customs related topics and are responsible for the compliance with all legal customs regulations and their documentation
- You lead all customs-related topics within EMMA, being fully accountable for the area
- You maintain the existing customs status (AEO) as well as the development of related processes and/or other similar projects
- You are the single point of contact to the customs offices, EU and Non-EU countries
- You oversee and monitor the quality of customs declarations made on Emma’s behalf by third parties
- You are responsible for power of attorneys and service levels from customs brokers
- You lead a team of customs managers spread around the globe
- You define and implement internal processes to assure customs compliance
- You support internal teams in decisions about sourcing locations (duties optimization and trade requirements mapping)
Who we are looking for :
- You have previous experience of working in a comparable position, ideally in the logistics industry
- You have experience EU preferential trade schemes, Global Tariff and Tax implications
- You have a deep knowledge of the AEO program to support Customs audits
- You have a quick reaction, ability to act in a changing environment and are hands-on
- You are able to communicate efficiently with the European Customs Authorities and have good English skills as well
- You are well organized, can prioritize and have strong communication skills
- You have experience in managing teams with team members spread across different offices
- It is a plus if you have knowledge of German customs law (EU) and are fluent in German.
What Emma can bring you :
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from your first day
- The opportunity to work on challenging tasks that contribute to your professional growth
- Work independently and as part of a dedicated, international team
- The opportunity to help shape our company culture
- The opportunity to make an impact by initiating new ideas
- Work with and learn from experts in diverse fields
- Get to know your team members at our exciting company events
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!