Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2021 our revenue grew from €405 to €645 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you will do:
- As part of our global tax team, you are responsible for German corporate and trade tax at group level
- You assist with Group tax compliance globally including our roughly 30 legal entities and collaborate with our international tax team
- You monitor tax compliance processes for our 5 German entities
- You engage actively in the optimization and/or creation of processes
- You collaborate with our German tax advisors, to whom you are a direct contact person
- You help ensuring that we are up to date with developments within German tax law, rulings etc.
- By collaborating closely with teams across the entire company, you contribute to actively managing tax risks and driving potential for tax optimization among our stakeholders
- You support within the monthly and annual reporting of tax key figures according to German Local GAAP (HGB) and IFRS
What we are looking for:
- You have successfully completed a commercial apprenticeship (accountant, tax clerk, tax specialist) or a university degree with a focus on tax law/taxation
- You have relevant professional experience in Tax
- You are fluent in English and German
- You enjoy questioning the status-quo, have the drive to push boundaries and are not afraid to speak up, you review and develop things further, and want to be part of a fast-paced environment with new challenges everywhere
- You are characterized by an independent, careful and structured way of working; you also maintain an overview in work-intensive situations
- You are a true team player and achieve the greatest successes as part of a team
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, global team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.