Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- You will work on the implementation of our data privacy framework and with all internal and external Data Protection and Data Privacy topics
- You will be responsible for the implementation of protective measures and for data privacy activities according to local data protection laws worldwide
- You will be involved in a wider range of projects, regarding data privacy and contracts matters
- You will be in charge of reviewing data processing agreements and managing risk involving data privacy activities together with other teams
- You will be able to propose internal trainings on data privacy and proactively contribute to organizational awareness
- You will be able to contribute with new ideas to improve internal processes, workflows, and implementation of new systems for the Company
- You will develop legal drafting skills (contracts, privacy policies, templates, and documents) and perform compliance and privacy-related tasks
- You will support the Data Protection Officer during data privacy risk analyses and the preparation of internal reports
- You will monitor and stay well-informed of the legal/regulatory developments impacting your field of expertise (Privacy)
Who we're looking for:
- Ideally, you have graduated in Business Law or IT Law and have deep knowledge about the date protection international legislation
- You have 2 years or more of experience in Data Protection Law with an active contribution to the implementation of GDPR
- You have an affinity for compliance issues and IT in order to understand the relationship between data protection and security
- You are interested in Privacy topics and you have a basic knowledge of EU data protection law - GDPR
- You have excellent organizational skills and want to have an understanding of business and corporate relationships
- You work in a detail-oriented and structured way
- You have a process-oriented approach to executing tasks
- You have a strong motivation to constantly develop personally as well as professionally
- You are a very good team player
- You are a Fluent English speaker
- You master Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
Other similar positions
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Our step-by-stephiring process
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.