We are building a brand from the
ground up, which never existed in our
markets, and really make sure that people
believe in our products, believe in our quality,
and believe in the promise of Emma.
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- Build and lead a strong team and establish processes in order to drive PR & Communications effectively and efficiently in more than 30 countries worldwide.
- Close collaboration with the C-Level and top management as well as our country heads.
- Responsible for ensuring and reporting the effectiveness of PR and communications as one important touchpoint during our customer journey.
- Develop a corporate communications strategy including financial communications, retail communications, sleep science communication and employer branding.
- Develop a consumer communications strategy driving the awareness around the importance and impact of sleep as well as our sleep research competence.
- Develop a product communications strategy highlighting the quality of our state-of-the-art products and drive the future launches of our sleep tech products.
- Drive the communications strategy internationally across several channels, including amongst others press, social media, awards, speaker placements, fairs with your team in order to become world’s leading sleep brand worldwide.
- Support more than 30 countries in the localization of global communication strategies in order to increase brand awareness, build trust, strengthen our reputation as sleep expert and achieve overall business objectives.
- Manage public affairs and crisis communication internationally.
- Ideally, you will act as our spokesperson and, alongside our founders, will be the main representative of Emma to our media.
Who we're looking for
- You have been leading a team for several years, ideally building it up from scratch.
- You have been working as a journalist, in a PR agency or in a PR & communications team for at least 7 years and were able to collect experience in strategic communications and in driving these strategies holistically and in an international context.
- You do not need any processes and structures but are passionate about creating them by yourself.
- You have a strategic and conceptual way of thinking, you like to think outside the box and you are solution oriented.
- You take rational decisions by analyzing and monitoring data and turning insights into actionable tactics.
- You have outstanding communication skills and know how to explain or pitch complex topics in an easy and understandable way.
- You are passionate about what you are doing.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and already steered several internal and external stakeholders across the globe.
- You stay calm in stressful situations and know how to manage crises.
- You have excellent rhetorical skills, both spoken and written.
- You identify with our company values and feel comfortable working in a very high-paced, challenging, and agile environment.
- You are fluent in English.
This would be a plus
- A network in the local and international media landscape (lifestyle, health and tech media).
- Experience as a spokesperson.
- You are fluent in German, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
What we offer
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.