Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you will do:
- As part of our global tax team, you are responsible for the standardization, optimization and automation of our relevant tax processes with currently a strong focus on Indirect Tax-related topics such as any workflows in connection with Indirect tax compliance across Europe
- You evaluate existing tax-related operating procedures in detail in order to take specific actions with the goal of standardizing and optimizing the existing workflows
- You use your tax and technical/IT expertise to drive the automation of tax processes
- You monitor and ensure that our IT infrastructure is capable of bringing our tax-related business transactions in line with tax law (e.g. by continuously optimizing our VAT Matrix)
- By collaborating closely with teams across the entire company as well as external tax advisors and IT specialists, you contribute to actively managing tax risks and driving potential for tax automation
What we are looking for:
- You have successfully completed a commercial apprenticeship (accountant, tax clerk, tax specialist) or a university degree with a focus on tax law/taxation (ideally international tax law/international taxation)
- You have relevant professional experience in VAT
- You have experience with common ERP software (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central)
- You are fluent English (German is a Plus)
- You enjoy questioning the status-quo, have the drive to push boundaries and are not afraid to speak up, you review and develop things further, and want to be part of a fast-paced environment with new challenges everywhere
- You are characterized by an independent, careful and structured way of working; you also maintain an overview in work-intensive situations
- You are a true team player and achieve the greatest successes as part of a team
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one — you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!