We identify the most important, critical
need for Emma at the moment, we take it up
as a project, and we build up a plan around it:
how do we want to optimize it and improve
it for the future to make it much more
scalable and stable?
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Emma is seeking a Manager Tactical Sourcing who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. You will have a record of being able to perform large scale processes and deliver results. You should have the ability to work under pressure, overcome obstacles and perform in changing environment.
The Procurement team manages the flow of materials by monitoring and mitigating supply risks. Our (Senior) Manager Tactical Sourcing will work as a professional, trustworthy interface between various functional partners to make sure that goods are ordered and delivered on time, in the right amount and to the right place.
What you'll do
- You are responsible for tactical procurement
- You will closely collaborate with the Strategic Procurement team on processes, negotiations, and team projects
- You introduce standard processes and support our operational excellence.
- You analyze markets and maintain existing supplier relationships
- You work independently, evaluate offers and support price negotiations
- You will work closely and in a professional way with our international markets as well as with external stakeholders
- You maintain and foster supplier relationships
- You ensure time-and-quantity-optimized orders through synchronization with the warehouse, markets, and suppliers.
- You proactively identify and communicate opportunities for improvement or potential risks.
- Day-to-day order management, including transactional issue resolution and critical information gathering regarding schedules, invoices, tracking info, etc.
Who we're looking for
- You have at least completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related field
- You have at least 2 years of practical experience in the area of Supply Chain Management or Procurement
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point, Experience in Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- You are very analytical, an organizational talent and you love solving problems
- You have excellent English communication skills (other languages is a plus)
- You have the ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify risks
- You are a good communicator with common sense and a hands-on approach
- You are not afraid to handle a high speed and agile environment
What we offer
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one—you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.