Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. We revolutionize sleep by pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for rest. Our aim is to awaken people's best by enhancing their sleep. We are one of Europe’s fastest-growing sleep innovation companies with 1000 + team members representing over 65 nationalities at our international offices in Frankfurt, Manila, Lisbon, Shanghai and Mexico City.
What you'll do:
- As part of our global tax team, you are responsible for our legal entities in the Americas region (LATAM, North America)
- You monitor tax compliance processes, e.g. with regards to Corporate Taxes, Withholding taxes and Indirect Taxes
- You engage actively in the optimization and/or creation of processes with regards to Corporate Taxes, Withholding taxes and Indirect Taxes
- You collaborate closely with our international tax team located in Frankfurt and Lisbon as well as with local tax advisors in the Americas region, to whom you are a direct contact person, you keep track of and address relevant tax topics in the respective country
- You help ensuring that we are up to date with developments within global tax policies, international law etc.
- You support within the continuous development of our local transfer pricing policy and documentation
- By collaborating closely with teams across the entire company, you contribute to actively managing tax risks and driving potential for tax optimization among our stakeholders
- You support within the monthly and annual reporting of tax key figures
Who we're looking for:
- You have relevant professional experience as an accountant, tax clerk, tax specialist or a university degree with a focus on tax law/taxation
- You have experience with common accounting software (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central)
- You are fluent in English
- You enjoy questioning the status-quo, have the drive to push boundaries and are not afraid to speak up, you review and develop things further, and want to be part of a fast-paced environment with new challenges everywhere
- You are characterized by an independent, careful and structured way of working; you also maintain an overview in work-intensive situations
- You are a true team player and achieve the greatest successes as part of a team
This is what we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Wellbeing activities
- Hybrid home office policy
- Flexible schedules
- Pet-friendly office
- Monthly salary + pantry & restaurant vouchers
- Benefits higher than the law
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however we are currently receiving a large amount of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
At Emma, we do things a bit differently. Find out what makes us who we are.
Get to know our hiring process before you apply.